Sunday 2 January 2011

The Pink Stamper Design Team 2011

The Pink Stamper has openings for 2 people on her 2011 design team. I love her blog and Youtube videos, subscribing to both, so decided to have a go at the challenge to be on the team. The challenge is to make a card, scrapbook page or other project using my favourite Cricut cartridge and the colours pink, green and brown.

I decided to make a birthday card (you can never have too many of these!) using one of my favourite cartridges - Once Upon A Princess. This cartridge is so versatile and doesn't have to just be 'princessy'. My scraps box provided most of the paper.



Recipe:

  • Tall white card
  • Making Memories vinyl sticker pink dot paper - cut slightly smaller than the card
  • White card rectangle punched around the edge with Stampin' Up Scallop punch and inked with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Then embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • Bull rushes and grass (Everyday Paper Doll cartridge) cut at 7" length from green cardstock then beige cardstock
  • Butterfly (Once Upon a Princess cartridge) cut at 2 1/2" from various pink paper and cardstock scraps. Parts coloured with Sakura glitter gel pens and antennae made from a piece of copper wire folded in half with brown beads on each end. Butterfly body attached to the card using foam pads
  • Brown ribbon wrapped around the card and tied in a knot
  • Stampin' Up happy birthday stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and small flower stamped with pink pen. Punched out using Stampin' Up window punch and edged with a pink pen. Attached to the card using foam pads




20 comments:

Andrea said...

This is just gorgeous! TFS and good luck.

Jennifer said...

This card looks very nice. Love the butterfly! Good luck!

Carrie's Corner said...

Very cute project! I have never used PPDU but love the grass and reeds. Good luck!

Dana Desmond said...

Cute card. Love the 3-D butterfly.

girlia said...

beautiful. Good Luck

Yvonne said...

This is a great card! :)
OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

Christine Riley said...

This is SO gorgeous and so elegant. I love it! I'm now a follower :)
Hugs, Christine

CraftyJAR said...

This a very cute card! I so love butterflies and the card looks so elegant. Good luck!

http://craftyjar.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!

Glora said...

This is VERY pretty! I love it!

Ginger said...

I really love this card. Very pretty. Wonderful job on the butterfly.

SweetSassyDiva said...

Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! I will have to revisit that cart. TFS! I need more hours in the day!

We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!! Good luck!!! :-)
-Sam :-)

p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

CarrieAnne said...

This is so very pretty and going right into the CASE pile. TFS and good luck.

jcinokc said...

Very beautiful card. Congrats on being an honorable mention for the design team.

Lisa J said...

Congratulations on being an honorable mention!

Nadia's World said...

Congrats on the honorable mention for the MPS DT. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Nicole T.

Jessica said...

Congratulations on being an honorables mention! Your card is adorable.

Cathy Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy Martin said...

Congrats on getting honorable mention. You deserve it. Your card is beautiful. I would love for you to come visit me at my blog and become a follower if you'd like. http://www.sniptuck.blogspot.com

Cathy