Sunday 20 June 2010

Mrs Hibbins room!



I've been busy having to do reports for school. This is a job I really hate and get fed up so quickly doing it. So to break it up a bit, every so often I surf the internet looking for creative ideas. Also when I have finished a set I reward myself with some crafting time, playing in my craft room with my new toy - a Cricut Expression machine.

Earlier today I found My Creative Time and saw there was a challenge to make a 3D/altered item using the Cricut cartridge 'Paper Doll Dress Up'. This was a cartridge that I have just bought so decided to have a go at the challenge. I have been meaning to make a sign for my classroom door for some time and this was the incentive. I learnt to do the Joseph's Coat stamping technique at a recent Stampers 10 meeting and used some paper I had made for my dress (it's actually the native Indian girl's dress with the sleeves partly cut off). I stuck it all on a CD. I'm sure my class will love it and I can't wait to show them tomorrow!

3 comments:

Cricut Me That said...

Very cute idea!! Love the dress paper pattern!

http://cricutmethat.blogspot.com/

My Creative Time said...

What a CLEVER CLEVER idea!! I would have never thought to cover a cd!! VERY WELL Done w/my challenge my friend!
Hope to see you back for another throwback Thursday!
Big Hugs,
Emma;)

Helen said...

Looks just like you!
Great idea.
Helen
x